2020-2025 Mission Statement
James Sprunt Community College responds to the individualized educational and workforce development needs of the community by increasing accessibility, providing innovative teaching, and expanding community partnerships.
2020-2025 Core Values
- Learning: We provide high quality opportunities and necessary support services to help all students develop critical thinking skills and achieve their educational and employment goals.
- Partnerships: We develop partnerships with schools, business and industry, and community organizations to meet the needs of the 21st century workforce.
- Integrity: We uphold honesty, ethical behavior, and respect in pursuit of an atmosphere of transparency and accountability.
- Diversity: We value an educational environment that attracts, nurtures, and supports a diverse faculty, student, and staff community.
- Innovation: We strive to embrace an atmosphere of creativity and innovation for our students, faculty, and staff.
2020-2025 Vision Statement
Strengthening the communities we serve through innovative education and partnerships to create a more successful tomorrow.
- To partner with students who, through educational programs and support services, are prepared for the workforce or continued education at other institutions of higher learning.
- To enhance student academic credential achievement and retention by improving the total college experience.
- To support the professional development and career advancement of our staff and faculty and foster a collegial atmosphere of open communication, innovation, and partnerships among students and faculty.
- To ensure high quality in all programs and services by providing students, faculty, and staff with appropriate facilities, equipment, and technology.
- To involve the college in addressing community needs and goals and to build relationships with local, state, and national partners in an effort to improve our community’s economic and workforce competitiveness.
- To ensure funding received from all sources utilized by the college is in line with the mission, goals, and priorities of the institution, as well as the educational and workforce needs of the community.
- To incorporate organizational excellence in all areas of the institution.
James Sprunt Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of James Sprunt Community College.
The James Sprunt Community College Medical Assisting Associate Degree Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
25400 U.S Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, Fl 33756
The JSCC Basic Law Enforcement Program is accredited by the North Carolina Department of Justice – Criminal Justice Standards Division.
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- North Carolina State Board of Nursing
- State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners.
JSCC had adopted a competency-based approach to its educational programs, in which competencies expected of all graduates are agreed upon and defined and courses or experiences are designed to assist the student in becoming competent.
A student who graduates from JSCC will be:
- Competent in his/her program area of specialization.
- Competent to communicate effectively through writing, speaking, mathematics and in basic use of computers in his/her area of specialization.
- Competent to assess his/her skills and knowledge and use of such assessment as a basis for further growth.
- Competent to assess the values of American society and to function as a contributing member of that democracy.
- Competent to reason and analyze so that he/she may function effectively in his/her area of specialization as well as in the larger world.