• English
    • Español

Transfer Resources

Have you always dreamed of attending East Carolina University, UNC Chapel Hill, NC State or UNCW? You can get there from James Sprunt!

Transfer to a UNC System School

While the transfer process is different for each student, the single most important factor is the same for everyone: You must take responsibility for every step of the process. There are no hard and fast rules because the circumstances for each transfer student are different, and every college and university has its own policies concerning transfer admissions. Use our Helpful Transfer Tips resource to prepare for successful transfer. 

Appalachian State University         Appalachian State University

East Carolina University

East Carolina University

Elizabeth City State University

Elizabeth City State University


Fayetteville State University





North Carolina A & T State University







North Carolina Central University


NC State

North Carolina State University







University of North Carolina Asheville


University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill


University of North Carolina at Charlotte


University of North Carolina at Greensboro


University of North Carolina at Pembroke


University of North Carolina School of the Arts



University of North Carolina Wilmington


Western Carolina University



Winston-Salem State University

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA)

The CAA is an agreement governing transfer between the NC Community College System and the state university system that went into effect fall 1997. Under this agreement, students completing Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees at community colleges, with grades of “C” or better, are able to transfer all 64-semester hours of credit to senior institutions, entering the university with junior status. Courses approved for transfer under the agreement have a statement to that effect in the course description in the college catalog.

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA)

The College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC)

Website with comprehensive list of both public and private institutions in North Carolina. The website has created a “school profile” for each institution, which gives quick facts, contact information, and even gives a clickable tab for institution specific information for transfer students.


Transfer Agreements with Independent Colleges

Independent colleges and universities endorse the articulation agreement for transfer of the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degrees.

(PDF List of Independent Colleges) 


Dr. Shakeena White
Associate Vice President of Student Services
Phone:  910.275.6362
Email:  swhite@jamessprunt.edu

Amber Ferrell
Phone:  910.275.6368
Email:  aferrell@jamessprunt.edu

Karla Blanton
Phone:  910.275.6367
Email:  kblanton@jamessprunt.edu

Transfer to your chosen university!