• English
    • Español

Veteran’s Affairs

Educational assistance are available to the veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and their eligible dependents. Veterans and dependents who wish to apply should contact the Veterans Affairs Office at James Sprunt Community College in person, by letter, or by phone at 910.275.6378.

Veterans Educational Assistance Programs


Chapter 30

Voc Rehab

Chapter 32 Post-Vietnam Era Veterans Education Assistance

Chapter 33

Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance

Chapter 1606

Chapter 1607



Chapter 33 TOE

Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon Program

List of Military Scholarships

Application for Veterans Education Benefits

Veterans may apply for VA benefits online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov (click on the “Apply” button above) or by mailing in VA Form 22-1990.

Veterans eligible dependents (Chapter 35) may either apply online (click on the “Apply” button above) or by mailing in VA Form 22-5490.

General VA Information and Forms

A brief description of Veteran’s Education Assistance including general provisions of the program, how to apply, requested documentation, what to expect, and general contact information can be found on the form “Steps to VA” below. After all admissions requirements are complete, the veteran will be certified by the college to receive benefits. The first initial certification will take approximately 45 to 60 days to process.

Steps for VA

VA Educational Benefit Procedures

List of Approved Programs for VA

Veterans, Service Members, and Military Family Member Resources

NCServes-Coastal offers services, resources, & care for Service Members, Veterans, & their families in Eastern North Carolina. Click for a list of services.


Sholanda Moore
FA/VA Specialist
Email:  smoore@jamessprunt.edu
Phone:  910-275-6378
Fax:  910-296-1314

Previous Events

2018 Veteran’s Day Celebration

Date:   November 12th

Time:   12pm-2pm