Here are a few simple instructions on how to apply for a student emergency loan.
How do you qualify?
- Be a student in good standing with the college
- Not have a previous balance owed to the college
- Have a 2.0 minimum grade point average. You may also qualify if this is your first semester on probation.
What are the limitations?
- You can only be granted a loan for either tuition or books – but not both. If you wish to purchase books, you must contact the Spartan Book Store to get the total cost of the books including taxes.
- If you are applying for tuition, please use the amount owed only. This total can be found on your registration slip. We cannot give a loan for more than that amount.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Make sure you give us your email address, student identification number, and phone number (this is a part of the form).
- There is a $1,500 limit. This is a credit to your college account only. There is no check disbursement.
What is the process?
You will submit your application online. It will be reviewed by both the Foundation and Financial Aid departments. Once approved, your college account will be credited for either tuition or books. If it is a credit for tuition, you do not have to do anything. If the credit is for books, you will need to wait for an email notification that your account has been set up for book charges to get them ordered through the bookstore.
The loan must be repaid by the end of the semester, either reimbursed through financial aid or direct pay by the student.
Click here to download the application.