Early College High Schools are located on a community college campus. They were designed to provide opportunities for students who might not otherwise attend college. Early College High Schools allow students to take high school and college courses tuition-free. Students potentially in 5 years with a high school diploma and an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science. Students also have the opportunity to earn career certificates/diplomas and/or college transferable credits.
What are the benefits of attending Duplin Early College High School (DECHS)?
- Small, learning environment with STEAMA-infused curriculums
- Diverse population from across the district
- Opportunity for a high school diploma and up to 2 years of FREE college education
- Support for every student to ensure student success
What are the expectations at DECHS?
- Take responsibility for yourself at the high school and college level
- Maintain an average of 80 or higher in all classes
- Be punctual and maintain a good attendance record in high school and college courses
- Be flexible and able to adapt to a variety of learning environments
- Be a team player
- Seek supports when help is needed
- Remain positive and motivated
How do I apply to Duplin Early College High School?
All 8th grade Duplin County Schools students are eligible to apply during the spring semester of their 8th grade year. The application process includes a written application, two teacher recommendations, and an interview. Students are notified of their acceptance by the end of their 8th grade year.