January 2023 Duplin County Bus Transportation Update:
Please click here to register for transportation.
Duplin County Transportation has received a higher volume of requests for transportation assistance and is doing everything possible to accommodate everyone. Therefore students should identify alternate means of transportation until they receive a confirmation that their request was approved. All transportation requests may take up to five business days to process.
James Sprunt Community College (JSCC) Rider Policy
- Students must be a resident of Duplin County and enrolled at JSCC to receive free transportation.
- All riders will receive an automated call/text message each evening to alert them of their scheduled pickup time for the following day. They will also receive an automatic reminder call 30 minutes before pickup.
- Riders must be prepared for pickup at least 15 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Drivers will only wait for the rider to board for 2 minutes after arrival.
- The pickup/drop-off location on campus will be at the back of the campus near the Boyette Building.
- All cancellations must be called into the agency at (910) 296-2333. A voicemail message can be left on our after-hours message line canceling a scheduled ride. If a cancellation is not called in before 5:00 pm the business day before the scheduled pickup, it will be considered a NO-SHOW. If a rider leaves a voicemail message, it is viewed as a NO-SHOW.
- Three (3) NO SHOWS in 30 days will result in a 30-day suspension for the rider.
- If a rider NO-SHOWS for their first ride of any day, all other trips for that rider for that day will be
- All rides/cancellations/etc. It should be communicated with office staff and not drivers.
- All rides must be scheduled at least two (2) full business days before the date needed.
- Transportation services will not be provided on agency-observed holidays and JSCC holidays.
- Disruptive or abusive behavior toward other passengers or the driver will not be tolerated.
- No profanity or vulgarity.
- No weapons (knives or firearms).
- No eating, drinking, or smoking.
- No screaming, loud talking, singing, or audible playing of any device (phone/tablet/etc.).
- No inappropriate display of affection or sexual activity.
- No release of human waste, including spitting, on the vehicle.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- Riders are responsible for providing good contact info and any changes as soon as possible.