Board of Trustees
Anita Powers – Chair
Ed Emory – Vice-Chair
Dr. A.J. Connors – Trustee
Al Searles – Trustee
Debra Morrisey – Trustee
Melissa B. Stevens – Trustee
John T. Phillips, Jr. – Trustee
Morgan Swinson – Trustee
Niccoya Dobson – Trustee
John Wesley Hairr – Trustee
Dr. Shannon Jennings – Trustee
Dr. Kimberly Grigsby-Sessoms – Trustee
2020-2025 Mission Statement
James Sprunt Community College responds to the individualized educational and workforce development needs of the community by increasing accessibility, providing innovative teaching, and expanding community partnerships.
2020-2025 Core Values
We provide high quality opportunities and necessary support services to help all students develop critical thinking skills and achieve their educational and employment goals.
We develop partnerships with schools, business and industry, and community organizations to meet the needs of the 21st century workforce.
We uphold honesty, ethical behavior, and respect in pursuit of an atmosphere of transparency and accountability.
We value an educational environment that attracts, nurtures, and supports a diverse faculty, student, and staff community.
We strive to embrace an atmosphere of creativity and innovation for our students, faculty, and staff.
2020-2025 Vision Statement
Strengthening the communities we serve through innovative education and partnerships to create a more successful tomorrow.
- To partner with students who, through educational programs and support services, are prepared for the workforce or continued education at other institutions of higher learning.
- To enhance student academic credential achievement and retention by improving the total college experience.
- To support the professional development and career advancement of our staff and faculty and foster a collegial atmosphere of open communication, innovation, and partnerships among students and faculty.
- To ensure high quality in all programs and services by providing students, faculty, and staff with appropriate facilities, equipment, and technology.
- To involve the college in addressing community needs and goals and to build relationships with local, state, and national partners in an effort to improve our community’s economic and workforce competitiveness.
- To ensure funding received from all sources utilized by the college is in line with the mission, goals, and priorities of the institution, as well as the educational and workforce needs of the community.
- To incorporate organizational excellence in all areas of the institution.
James Sprunt Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of James Sprunt Community College.
2024 Board Meeting Dates
January 16, 2024
March 19, 2024
May 21, 2024
August 20, 2024
October 15, 2024