Pirate Promise is a transfer program for students who are in their first year of coursework at their community college. The program provides advising assistance and support before applying to ECU, as well as guaranteed admission and a waived application fee.
Benefits include the following:
- Waived ECU application fee when graduating from James Sprunt Community College with a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- A dedicated transfer coach
- Joint academic advising
- Joint financial aid counseling
- Eligible to purchase an ECU 1 Card to get access to:
- Athletic tickets
- Campus recreation opportunities
- Campus events
- Library resources
- Community Writing Center
- Access to ECU Libraries
- Access to Virtual Job Shadow, ECU Career Services’ virtual workshop series
- Participate in select campus activities, including “invitation-only” Pirate Promise events at ECU
- And much more at Student Affairs
Year One of Associates Degree
- Apply for the Pirate Promise program and enjoy Pirate Promise benefits!
Year Two of Associates Degree
- Apply to ECU with a fee waiver
- Early College or Career and College Promise students apply as freshmen
- Students who have graduated high school apply as transfer applicants.
Completion of Your Associate Degree
- Prepare for your journey to ECU!
- Work through your admitted student checklist
- Attend Orientation
High school juniors in a Career and College Promise or Early College program or community college students are eligible to apply to Pirate Promise. All applicants must also fulfill these requirements:
- Enrollment in 12 hours of credit (EC/CCP students exempt)
- 2.5 or higher GPA
- Enrollment in an approved transfer program in the first year of coursework (see link to the list on piratepromise.ecu.edu)
Use this link to register for upcoming live information sessions about ECU Pirates Promise.