What is C3?
Not everyone’s college career starts at NC State. Each year, nearly 1,700 students transfer to NC State to complete their bachelor’s degree. NC State is committed to increasing that number by providing a guaranteed admission pathway to NC State from James Sprunt Community College.
The NC State Community College Collaboration (C3) is a dual-admission, dual-enrollment program between NC State University and eleven regional community college partners. C3 is intended for community college students from low-to-moderate income backgrounds with demonstrated potential for academic success who aspire to transfer to NC State after completing their associate’s degree.
C3 provides academic and program support for students during their time in community college and prepares them for a successful transition to NC State and the timely completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Students who can apply include:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Community college students who have completed less than 30 credit hours of college work
- Early college students who are completing the 5th year
Is C3 Right for You?
C3 students will have up to three years to complete their Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), or Associate of Engineering (A.E.) degree at James Sprunt Community College.
C3 students will be dually-enrolled in the associate’s degree program at James Sprunt Community College and NC State as a Non-Degree Studies (NDS) student.
After completing the A.A., A.S., or A.E. degree with a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA, C3 participants are guaranteed admission into NC State. Entry into specific majors may be more competitive.
- Assistance with program planning and the transfer process by an NC State academic advisor
- Direct access to NC State’s specialized online advising and course planning tools
- Opportunities to visit NC State’s campus to attend networking events with other C3 students
Submit an interest form for NC State C3 by clicking this link or view NC State C3 Frequently Asked Questions.
Learn more about NC State C3 at c3.ncsu.edu
For more information about this program, please contact:
James Sprunt Community College
PO Box 398
Kenansville, NC 28349