James Sprunt Community College administers the EdReady RISE placement test to determine your academic readiness to take college-level English or math courses – or your readiness to take other classes that require English or math proficiency. Students may take up to two English tests and up to three math tests.
Placement Test Exemptions
Testing is not required if:
- You have graduated from a United States high school and have an unweighted GPA.
- You have already earned an Associate’s degree or higher level of education.
- Special credit students (students not working towards a credential) may take up to 12 credit hours in areas other than math and English.
- Successful completion of developmental coursework or college-level English and / or Math course.
- You have SAT or ACT test scores or have other valid placement test scores (NC-DAP, Accuplacer, Compass or ASSET tests) on file with Admissions that are less than 10 years old.
- You completed your G.E.D. since 2014.
- You completed the HiSET since 2014 and earned a score of 15 or higher, on all sections, with at least a score of 4 on the essay.
Preparing for the Placement Test
What types of questions are on the test?
Placement Test Study Resources
Core Math (JSCC email/password required)
Core English (JSCC email/ password required)
Schedule Placement Test
Complete the online form for the placement test administered in the Student Success Center located in the Boyette Library.