James Sprunt Community College administers the EdReady RISE placement test to determine your academic readiness to take college-level English or math courses – or your readiness to take other classes that require English or math proficiency. Students may take up to two English tests and up to three math tests. Students who meet one of the following exemptions are not required to take the placement test. Contact Student Services at 910-275-6360 if you have any questions.
Placement Test Exemptions
- You have graduated from a United States high school and have an unweighted GPA
- You have already earned an Associate’s degree or higher level of education
- Special credit students (students not working towards a credential) may take up to 12 credit hours in areas other than math and English
- Successful completion of developmental coursework or college-level English and/or Math course
- You have SAT or ACT test scores or have other valid placement test scores (NC-DAP, Accuplacer, Compass, or ASSET tests) on file with Admissions that are less than 10 years old
- You completed the HiSET since 2014 and earned a score of 15 or higher, on all sections, with at least a score of 4 on the essay
We strongly encourage students to review for the placement test. Click here to schedule your placement test.